You asked, I listened!
Laura Taylor Photography is now offering Newborn MINI sessions!
Many of you have asked to see newborn mini session options, SO I have customized a package to be able to fit your little ones in for a studio session, WITHOUT compromising quality, and still allowing time for feeding/changing/comforting etc. In order to offer this, newborn mini session will have the option of EITHER the beanbag/blanket set up OR a bucket/prop setup, with two poses!
45-60 minute session
choice of baskets/props OR blanket/bean bag set up
10-12 digital images delivered via dropbox link within one week of session
BUT that’s not all! You can also now add on an optional MINI maternity session, when any newborn session is booked!
Maternity mini add on
20-30 minute session
1 outfit change
maternity gowns available in studio (optional)
one location – in studio or outside (weather permitting)
6-8 digital images delivered via dropbox link delivered within one week of session
Pajama party anyone? These girlies were so fun to hang out with. Fancy dresses? Check. Pajamas? Check. Classy leather leggings? Check.
I love when clients bring multiple outfit changes, or are willing to try out some of my studio dresses for some variety in their galleries! Who doesn’t love to play dressup once in a while? Book your mini milestone session for some update photos of your little (or not so little) ones!
Your session is booked and location picked out! Now is the often overwhelming task of coordinating and dressing the family! I’ve put together a few tips and some do’s and don’ts to help make things a little more simple.
- Plan out your outfits in advance, there is nothing more stressful than last minute trips to the mall to grab new pants for your son or sweater for your daughter because you realized too late that what you had picked out doesn’t fit!
- Consider the colours and style of your home. You’ll likely end up with some wall portraits in your home, so make sure the colours you choose blend seamlessly with your home decor!
- Coordinate but please don’t match! Everyone in white shirts and jeans? Boring! Select 2-3 colours and a neutral (jeans are a neutral!) and use layers and texture to add interest to your portraits! Think sweaters, scarves, jewellery, hats and belts etc. Avoid visible logos and graphics. Simple plaid or stripe patterns are ok, but don’t overdo it! Mix it up with some solids!
- Choose practical clothing items. This is an important item to keep in mind for every family member but, especially when you are thinking about what to dress your little ones in. If your kids are not comfortable then you are going to be in for a long photo shoot. Don’t make it more difficult on yourself or your photographer to get the perfect shot. Make sure that everyone is comfortable with their clothing to ensure all smiles.
- Lay each family member’s outfit together while planning so you can get a good idea about how the pieces will look next to each other. This will allow you a better idea of what works and what doesn’t. Plus, this way, you can make sure that you’re not missing any essential clothing items.
- Select outfits that will make for a timeless portrait. If all else fails, when you look in your closet to find the perfect family portrait outfits, think about staying classic. You’ll want your photos to be timeless. Styles come and go but, your photos are forever. Have fun playing stylist and let your family’s personality shine.
“Sisters are for sharing laughter and wiping tears”
Growing up I had two sisters, my mom had 6 sisters, and now I have 3 daughters of my own (and a son;) I have always understood the undeniable bond and loyalty between siblings and the unconditional love that naturally comes with it. When I photographed these two adorable sisters, I couldn’t; help but wonder what they will be like as they get older, what special bond will they have. They will fight, they will laugh, they will giggle, they will sing and dance, and they will always have each other to lean on. There is nothing more beautiful than having a sister by your side!