Ok this photo shoot was SO FUN to be a part of. Love this girl, loved her vision, and loved this home she is in the process of building. A little prosecco at the end to celebrate this exciting announcement? Yes please! check her out here and be sure to follow for some fashion, hair and beauty advice!
Sweet baby Halee was so sleepy for her newborn session! Did you know Laura Taylor Photography is now offering newborn minis?! Send me an email and let’s chat about getting your new baby in for a session!
You asked, I listened!
Laura Taylor Photography is now offering Newborn MINI sessions!
Many of you have asked to see newborn mini session options, SO I have customized a package to be able to fit your little ones in for a studio session, WITHOUT compromising quality, and still allowing time for feeding/changing/comforting etc. In order to offer this, newborn mini session will have the option of EITHER the beanbag/blanket set up OR a bucket/prop setup, with two poses!
45-60 minute session
choice of baskets/props OR blanket/bean bag set up
10-12 digital images delivered via dropbox link within one week of session
BUT that’s not all! You can also now add on an optional MINI maternity session, when any newborn session is booked!
Maternity mini add on
20-30 minute session
1 outfit change
maternity gowns available in studio (optional)
one location – in studio or outside (weather permitting)
6-8 digital images delivered via dropbox link delivered within one week of session
I absolutely LOVE photographing newborns! As a mom of 4 kiddos, I know how hectic those first few days of your new baby’s life are for you, which is why I recommend booking your newborn session BEFORE baby is born.
SO… let’s pencil you in!
I’ll simply add your due date to my calendar, and then when baby arrives, you can text or email me to set up a date in those first 10 days of life!
I’ve learned a few tips and tricks over the years to help you feel prepared for your newborn session, and to ensure it goes as smoothly as possible. Of course we know all baby’s come with their own personalities and temperaments, so no two sessions will be the same, but I have found a few common trends that help with almost ALL sessions!
- Try to keep baby awake for a minimum of 1 hour prior to packing him/her up and heading over. if you have a hard time keeping baby awake, often times a bath will do the trick. Most of the poses I’ll be shooting work best if baby is in a deep sleep, so best if you come with an exhausted baby. This can sometimes be tough to accomplish but I promise it is worth it! Of course patience is key and sleepiness isn’t something we can always control, so if we aren’t able to have a sleepy baby depending on their mood/temperament that day, thats fine too! Wide eyed newborn photos are some my my favourite!
2. In the 12 hours leading up to our session, feed baby as much as possible. A well fed baby is a happy baby! Of course there is always plenty of time to take breaks, as necessary, to help him/her refuel! It’s tough being a model!
3. Pamper yourself! You deserve it. Get your hair and makeup done! Looking relaxed and at your best will make you feel more comfortable during the session. This is an exciting time in your life and we want to capture all of that…so take care of yourself first!
4. Keep clothing simple. I recommend a light or neutral coloured shirt for mom and dad for the parent shots, as well as a black long sleeve shirt for dad if he has one for a shot of hands holding baby. Throw in a little colour if you’d like, but skip the busy patterns! I also looooooove skin-on-skin portraits with you holding your baby against you. They’re so simple and timeless! So if you want some portraits like this with your newborn, consider a strapless top or tank as an alternative. Also bare, well kept nails are best, they will show up in the photos!
5. Be prepared for messes of all kinds. Babies do not care where, when and who they pee, poo, or spit up on.. And this doesn’t bother me at all, I expect it! Please don’t let this embarrass you at all. I’ve seen it all! That is why I will be dressed in comfy clothes as I work, and why you would want to bring an extra set of clothing.
6. try to dress baby in a button up or zipper sleeper, avoiding anything that will need to go over his/her head. Also loosen the diaper a little prior to coming so that we don’t have those little imprint marks all over baby’s bottom! Nothing is the best wardrobe for a newborn. No outfit fits a newborn well and they often look swallowed in clothes. Accessories are good though– little hats, dainty headbands, etc. I have a wide selection of props that I will be using, however you are also welcome to bring any of your own that you might like to use.
7. bring a pacifier, even if you don’t intend to use one, it is very helpful during a newborn session! Babies love to suckle, and especially while being moved around and posed a lot on photo day, a pacifier can be very soothing to get them into those sweet squishy poses!
Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions! Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 403-918-3267.
Sweet little buddy was so good for his newborn session! And I was so happy to bust out the reindeer beanie for the first time this season. Love me a little Christmas newborn baby. Halloween was yesterday, that means it’s almost Christmas right???
For the month of November, I am offering Holiday minis in studio for your little ones! Bring your Christmas dresses, little suits and bowties, or heck, bring your Christmas pyjamas! Lets create some magic this season!
Mini Session Details
* Running for the month of November only.
* 20-30 minute session with one outfit change, if desired.
* 6-8 high resolution digital files.
* 1 metal ornament.
* Holiday greeting cards @ 20% off regular price as an optional add on.
* Only $199+tax!!!
But thats not all, refer a friend and you both receive a $25 credit toward any print products!
Contact me to reserve a spot! Dates are already filling up fast!